A WordPress Plugin that automatically posts your new articles to Mastodon. The best: It is set and forget!
With Mastodon Autopost your post always get automatically posted to your Mastodon account.
Find the plugin settings: Settings > Mastodon Autpost
Just set your credentials and your post preference and lean back. The rest is done in the background and you don’t have to care about it.
For any questions, do not hesitate to contact me:
* Mail: email@example.com
* Mastodon: indiehackers.social/@simon
Do you want to help translating this plugin in your language? Visit the translation page
Please consider donating via PayPal <3
This project is baseds on hellexis Mastodon Share Plugin. We are currently working together on a new one to combine our workforce.
* Ricardo Gomez Angel – Background Image (CC0)
* Flaticon– icon used in the logo (Flaticon Basis License)
* Wikipedia – Mastodon logo used in the logo (CC0)
* Bastien Ho & agentcobra – French translation and internationalization help
* jorgesumle – Spanish translation
Special thanks to Chris Riding for inspiring this plugin with his original gnusocial project (GPLv2)
Can I decide per post if I want to autopost it?
Yes. Since version 1.1 you see a settings box in every post.
Does the plugin send you my login data?
The plugin never transmits any data to me, or anyone else than the mastodon node you set in the settings!
Bidragsydere & udviklere
“Mastodon Autopost” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Bidragsydere
“Mastodon Autopost” er blevet oversat til 6 sprog. Tak til oversætterne for deres bidrag.
Translate “Mastodon Autopost” into your language.
Interesseret i udvikling?
Gennemse koden, tjek SVN repository, eller abonner på udviklerloggen via RSS.
- Add content warning from tags
- Fix hashtags
- Allow the plugin to work on custom post types (Thanks to unicode-it)
- Use categorys as hashtags on posts (Thanks to rseabra)
- Fix for the manual added excerpt to also get encoded and remove html tags
- Change permission for settings pages
- Update for HTML tags striping
- Remove HTML tags from excerpt (with php strip_tags())
- Dutch translation (Thanks to Alex Belgraver)
- Auth workflow change
- Change permission for settings page to manage_options
- 5.0 Fix: Post only the tags of the post
- Add version check to prevent call to undefined 5.0 function
- fixup for tags
- remove hardcoded
[...]from post excerpt
- different excerpt function
- Works with 5.0 and Gutenberg Editor
- Create future toot the moment it gets tooted (not upfront)
- revert change
- strip_shortcodes to don’t toot them
- Escape HTML codes in the toots (Thanks to ojdo)
- Leave name for the the links to get nicer permalinks
- Avoid empty thumbnail path (Thanks to ldidry)
- Adapt to the base code of kernox
- More error handling
- Also toot post hashtags (Thanks to jops)
- Added spanish translation
- Evaluates content HTML before tooting it
- Changed to official naming convention “Mastodon”
- Requires now minimum version 4.6 for translations via the translation page
- Changed to wordpress HTTP library
- Add proper error messages
- Removed token prompt in favor of nativ div
- OAuth server communication bug
- Fixed ajax server data bug
- Changed backend libary
- Now working with oauth
- OTP and 2FA working
- Different post formats available
- Set post visibility
- Suggest mastodon server
- Works now also with pages
- Test settings working again
- The toot notification shows the url of the tooted post
- For syndication: The plugin attaches the posted url to the post meta data. The tag is “mastodonAutopostLastSuccessfullPostURL”
- Improved Feedback on post toot
- Test Settings button, to check server settings
- Global Hashtags that get added to every toot
- Minor UX improvements
- Fixed settings page bug
- Added information to settings page
- Updated translation: Français
- New translation: Français
- Decide per post if you want to toot it to mastodon
1.0.1 & 18.104.22.168
- Added easy method for internationalization (get_text)
- New translation: Deutsch
1.0.1 & 22.214.171.124
- Show notfication if post gets tooted
- Inital Plugin
- New Functions: post on update, post only on publishing