This project is adding CodeMirror functionality to the Plugin and Theme file editors, as well as the Customizer Custom CSS box and the Custom HTML widget.
We’re working around discussion on a Core ticket, #12423
Any questions, reach out to #core-customize on WordPress.org Slack or better open an issue on GitHub! See contributing.
Bidragsydere & udviklere
“Better Code Editing” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Bidragsydere
0.7.0 – 2017-09-12
- Create minified bundles for CodeMirror assets. See #92. Fixes #71.
- Fix tabbing backward when Additional CSS section description is expanded, to focus on Close link instead of Help toggle. See #91. Fixes #90.
0.6.0 – 2017-09-08
- Improve frequency for when linting error notifications are shown and remove some overly-strict rules. See #86. Fixes #13.
- Improve disabling of save button for Custom HTML widget. See #87.
- Enable search addon so that attempting to do a find inside the editor will search contents of file and not use browser find dialog. See #76. Fixes #75.
- Auto-show Custom CSS section description when value is empty, add close link to bottom of description, and remove default placeholder value for Custom CSS field. See #84. Fixes #79 and core#39892.
- Improve passing of linting rulesets to CodeMirror and update CodeMirror to 5.29.1-alpha. See #59.
wp_enqueue_code_editor(). See #81. Fixes #55.
- Add support for RTL languages. See #80. Fixes #72.
- Add admin notice to instruct
npm installwhen plugin installed from source. See #74. Fixes #73.
- Update dev-lib to use local tools and add PHPCompatibility sniffs. See #82.
- See full commit log and diff: 0.5.0…0.6.0.
0.5.0 – 2017-08-30
- Prevent saving when lint errors present. See #69. Fixes #69.
- Remove unused assets; register likely-used assets; allow recognized file types to be edited; allow passing type when getting settings in addition to file. See #66. Fixes #4.
- Add recognition for JSON mode.
- Align styling matchbracket with matchtag. See #63. Fixes #56.
- Redesign warning/error messages. See #62. Fixes #44, #45.
- Improve help text in widgets admin screen and Additional CSS in Customizer. See #65. Fixes #36.
wp_enqueue_code_editoraction. See #68.
- See full commit log and diff: 0.4.0…0.5.0
0.4.0 – 2017-08-28
- Enable addon many goodies to improve UX and reduce accidental errors. See #52.
- Add autocomplete hinting. See #51 and #50.
- Improve mixed-mode autocomplete hints, including PHP. See #58.
- Configure HTMLHint including KSES rule. See #47.
- Configure JSHint with same rules as core. See #46.
- Limit CSSLint rules. See #38 and #26.
- Add tab trap escaping for CodeMirror in Custom HTML widget and theme/plugin editors. See #43 and #37.
- Rename codemirror-wp to better-code-editing. See #42.
- Add plugin icon. See #40.
- Fix errors on small screens. See #39 and #11.
- Refactor plugin class into include files to facilitate core patch creation. See #54.
- Add admin notice when plugin is obsolete. See #57.
- Upgrade CodeMirror to 5.29.0.
- See full commit log and diff: 0.3.0…0.4.0
0.3.0 – 2017-08-18
- Enable line-wrapping and constrain width for file editor to match
textarea. See #33, #5, #32.
- Improve accessibility of CodeMirror in Customizer’s Additional CSS, including escape method from Tab trap. See #34 and #29.
- Improve file organization to prepare for core merge.
- See full commit log and diff: 0.2.0…0.3.0
0.2.0 – 2017-08-16
- Add user setting for disabling Syntax Highlighting. See #31.
- Improve release builds.
- See full commit log and diff: 0.1.0…0.2.0
0.1.0 – 2017-08-14