Bogo is a straight-forward multilingual plugin for WordPress.
The core of WordPress itself has the built-in localization capability so you can use the dashboard and theme in one language other than English. Bogo expands this capability to let you easily build a multilingual blog on a single WordPress install.
Here are some technical details for those interested. Bogo plugin assigns one language per post. It plays nice with WordPress – Bogo does not create any additional custom table on your database, unlike some other plugins in this category. This design makes Bogo a solid, reliable and conflict-free multilingual plugin.
Getting started with Bogo
Install language packs
First, install language packs for languages you use on the site. You can view and install language packs in the Language Packs screen (Languages > Language Packs).
Select your language for admin screen
Bogo lets each logged-in user select a language for their admin screen UI. Select a language from the menu on the Toolbar, or from the menu in the Profile screen (Users > Your Profile) if the Toolbar is invisible.
Translate your posts and pages
To create a translation post, go to the editor screen for the original post and find the Language box. Bogo does only make a copy of the post; translating the copied post is your task.
Add language switcher widgets
It would be useful for site visitors if you have a language switcher on your site. Bogo provides the Language Switcher widget in the Widgets screen (Appearance > Widgets).
You can also use the
[bogo]shortcode to put a language switcher inside a post content. If you want to use this shortcode in your theme’s template files, embed the following code into the template:
<?php echo do_shortcode( '[bogo]' ); ?>
With the default configuration, this plugin, in itself, does not:
- track users by stealth;
- write any user personal data to the database;
- send any data to external servers;
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Language Switcher Language switcher widget by Bogo.
- Upload the entire
bogofolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins screen (Plugins > Installed Plugins).
Bidragsydere & udviklere
“Bogo” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Bidragsydere
“Bogo” er blevet oversat til 13 sprog. Tak til oversætterne for deres bidrag.
Translate “Bogo” into your language.
Interesseret i udvikling?
Gennemse koden, tjek SVN repository, eller abonner på udviklerloggen via RSS.
- Updates bundled JS libraries.
- Includes asset files in the wp.org SVN repository.
- Introduces the language switcher block.
- Fixes a bug that causes multiple serialization on post duplication.
- Fixes a bug in jQuery code that makes the site language unable to switch.
- Enqueues the Block Editor script only in the post editor screens.
- Corrects regexp patterns in
- Fixes several rewrite rules-related bugs that 3.5 has introduced.
auth_callbackto post meta definition.
- Suppresses locale query for XML sitemap.
- Corrects several rewrite rules-related issues.